sábado, 21 de septiembre de 2013

WELCOME/ Jolly Phonics/ Nursery Rhymes


Welcome everyone! This is my new and wonderful blog. It is called Andrea´s fount of wisdom.
 In this blog, I am going to show my own thinking, feelings and ideas about how to teach English Literature that we have studied in class. Also, I will try to give good and objective opinions about your posts and your comments. I hope you'll have a fun time.

Now, I am going to tell something that I considered important when you have to teach English pronunciation for children, moreover, we have done in class the last week, and it is Jolly Phonics.

But, what it is?

Jolly Phonics is a fun and child approach to teaching literacy through synthetic phonics. This method is very motivating for children and teachers, who can see their students achieve.

Students can to identify each sounds have each words. I have looked for a video that you can see how learn English students.


It also is a method that works on children's pronunciation using easy song. Moreover the principal aim is that each song includes one new sound of the English alphabet in different level of difficulty.


I don´t have any experience with this method of teaching but I would to use in my next practical period.




Other activity that we have done last Wednesday we had our first practical lesson to know Nursery Rhymes.

The term nursery rhyme is used for traditional poems and songs for young children in Britain and many other countries. It is considered like "Mother Goose Rhymes", also, it is still often used.

Also, Nursery Rhymes is a language approach for infant students because it introduce vocabulary, verb, structure that maybe children didn´t understand what the song was about.  Although in Primary Education, you can adapt the contents and the activities to the level of each class, and do that, as warming-up or to identify the previous knowledge with this type of chant.
You can find one exaple of a Nursery Rhymes, it is called "Ring a ring a roses".



In our opinion, Nursery Rhymes are very useful to create a wonderful climax on class and also how to learn to apply it as future teachers.

See you soon.


Andrea.

1 comentario:

  1. I'm really interested about Jolly Phonics, I think it's a useful method to teach the pupils how to pronunciate every word moreover it helps to teach how they've to write it, too!

    Si I think that it can be useful not only in infant education or the first years of primary education, we could adapt it to make it useful to older ages because it's an easy way to teach how to pronunciate and to write at the same time!

    ResponderEliminar